Like many of you, Dove Print Solutions is following the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation closely. The safety and well-being of our team members, communities and customers remains our top priority. One way we are addressing the uncertainty of COVID-19 is adhering to local and state mandates regarding work environments. We also encourage our employees who may not have such regulations yet to still work from home and observe social distancing to keep themselves and our communities safe. Many businesses are following the same protocols and are reaching out to us for advice on implementing a solution for their newly transitioned remote workforce.
As you work to make plans on how to accomplish this and equip your teams with the ability to work remotely, Dove Print Solutions would like to share some key elements and best practices of our remote employee program – many of which businesses and organizations of all sizes have also adopted.
Set-up a Virtual Office
Remote workers still need to have access to the items that make them successful on a day-to-day basis. Many companies offer flexibility for a few employees, but most aren’t prepared for their entire workforce to work remotely. DoveHelps has created a package to get you there.
The Remote Employee Bundle includes items essential to work, such as a HP laptop and a color desktop printer directly shipped to the employee’s home. These items are tagged and tracked so your company can successfully inventory which employees have what items. We also realize your company’s IT resources may be experiencing an influx of service calls due to this transition – that is why Dove offers remote IT support for the items we provide.
This bundle also includes necessary printer supplies and comes with the convenience of having everything shipped directly to your employee’s home or office. Dove wants to make this transition as easy as possible for both you and your employees.
Increase Communication and Productivity with Document Management Software
Ensure your teams have access to the items they need with document management tools that allow your employees to access essential files on your network remotely.
These tools will allow your company or organization to continue your necessary work effectively, without missing a beat. Many of these applications also include collaboration tools which can help enhance communication and teamwork for departments who still need to work together on projects.
Keep Your Office Equipment Clean
For those that are considered an essential business and need to remain open during this pandemic, we know how important it is to keep your office equipment clean and germ-free. Here are some best practices to help ensure you are keeping your staff safe.
The following instructions, provided by our partner, Xerox, are applicable to surfaces of Multifunction Devices, Printers, and Wide Format devices (e.g. panels, buttons, user interfaces, display screens, touch screens, doors/access handles).
- Wear disposable gloves made of latex or nitrile gloves when cleaning and disinfecting surfaces.
- Turn off the device, disconnect AC power, and unplug device from the outlet before cleaning. Do not clean a product while it is powered on and plugged in as it may cause electrification.
- Moisten a clean, soft, lint free, cotton cloth with a mixture of 70% isopropyl alcohol and 30% water (also known as rubbing alcohol). Do not use fibrous materials, such as paper towels. The cloth should be moist with no free liquid to ensure dripping does not occur.
- Do not spray any liquids directly onto the product.
- Gently wipe the moistened cloth on the surfaces to be cleaned. Take care to prevent moisture from entering inside the product or between gaps around the control panel or buttons. Disinfectant entering the product may result in extensive damage or failure due to corrosion.
- When cleaning a display screen or control panel, carefully wipe in one direction, moving from the top of the display to the bottom. Do not rub the control panel strongly as it can be easily scratched or cracked.
- Ensure surfaces have completely air-dried before turning the device on after cleaning. No moisture should be visible on the surface of the product before it is powered back on.
- Discard gloves after each cleaning. Clean hands immediately after gloves are removed
Safe Handling Instructions
It is important to handle isopropyl alcohol in a safe manner.
- Avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothing.
- Keep away from heat and sources of ignition.
- Use with adequate ventilation.
- Store in a cool, well-ventilated place. Keep container tightly closed.
- In the event of contact with isopropyl alcohol, wash skin thoroughly with soap and water.
- Usage of high levels of alcohol may result in color unevenness, discoloration, cracks in the surface, or blurs. Be sure to follow the precautions above and try the cleaning on an inconspicuous area first.
- Follow your manufacturer approved and documented cleaning methods for components that are part of regular system maintenance.
Please contact us if Dove can assist you with any of these during this crisis. We are here to help.